Houston Radar’s DR1500 K-Band Doppler sign activation/speed radar is a state of the art ultra low power Digital Signal Processing (DSP) based OEM radar for the traffic calming/VATCS market. Due to its power consumption and thin profile it is highly valued in solar power/battery operated applications and premium products where portability is important. It is the premier product in its class available in the world.
- World’s lowest power long range OEM K-Band Doppler radar at 0.36 Watts, 2X lower than our DR500S radar and up to 10X lower than some other industry offerings
- 1200 feet (360m) typical pickup range for compact vehicle
- FCC pre-approved, CE mark can be obtained on request
- Fully configurable via 2x RS232 serial port for enhanced flexibility
- Wide input voltage operating range allows solar operation
- 3.7Wx3.2Lx0.9D in (95x83x23 mm) open frame ultra-thin profile
- Firmware “bootloader” allows for field upgrading of firmware
- Best in class “Advanced In-Radar” traffic statistics option available
- True Average Speed feature built-in for very low cost, easy to deploy, average traffic speed measurements on the road
- Available in 0.5mph to 38mph (0.8 to 61kph), 1.3mph to 105mph (2 to 167kph) and 2.8mph to 200mph (4.5 to 321kph) speed range options and update rates as fast as 29ms.
Note: Pickup range will vary with target, installation and road conditions. Range listed is typical on open road with radar mounted 5 feet above ground.
|VCC||9.6VDC (18VDC max)|
|ICC@12VDC||28 mA min (34 mA max)|
|Radar RF out||5 mW maximum|
|Frequency Out||24.125GHz center (+/- 25MHz (24.2 available))|
|Operating °F (°C)||-4 (-40) min to 185 (85) max|
|Trigger Outputs||600mA sink max|
|Comm Interface||2x 3 wire RS232|
|Baud Rate||1200 to 115200 baud configurable|
|Max Pickup Distance||1200 feet (366 meters) typical for compact car|
|CE Mark||On request|
|Dimensions||3.7″ W x 3.2″ H x 0.9″ D (9.5 x 8.3 x 2.3 cm)|
|Weight||0.5 lbs (0.2Kgs) approximately|
Note: Connector is female DB9 right angle.
|1.||VCC||PWR||9.6 to 18VDC|
|2.||PRI 232TX||Out||Primary RS232 TX|
|3.||PRI 232RX||In||Primary RS232 RX|
|4.||AUX 232RX||In||Auxiliary RS232 RX|
|6.||AUX 232TX||Out||Auxiliary RS232 TX|
|7.||Trig||Out||Open Drain Trigger|
|8.||N/C||–||Do not connect|