Houston Radar SpeedLane® Pro is a state of the art true dual beam, low power side-fire radar. It is designed to accurately detect lane, speed, and class of individual vehicles and compute per lane volume, occupancy, gap, average speed, 85th percentile and headway parameters.
- Patent pending true dual beam “speed trap” technology inherently provides accurate measurements without the need for in situ calibration.
- World’s lowest power usage highly integrated multi-lane traffic measurement radar. At 0.85 Watts SpeedLane requires 10X less power than competing products.
- FCC and CE listed for a full 250MHz operation to suit a variety of application requirements.
- Mounts on the side of the road for non-intrusive traffic data collection and works in all weather and lighting conditions.
- Simultaneously measures all vehicles in 8 user defined lanes.
- All traffic measurements are on per-vehicle, per-lane basis, available in real-time and stored in device memory.
- Lane-by-lane vehicle counts, length based class, average and 85th percentile speeds, occupancy, headway and gap measurements.
- Companion Windows application provides intuitive GUI to set all configuration parameters, display real time plots of targets and view snapshots & streaming HD video.
- Built-in long range Class I 2.1+EDR Bluetooth, RS232/RS485 serial ports and Ethernet.
- 512 Mbytes of on-board storage plus μSD card expansion slot.
- Built-in 1.3MP HD video camera for sighting makes setup a snap and allows convenient remote monitoring of traffic.
- Comprehensive Houston Radar protocol, C and C# SDK.
- Powerful SQL based query interface for historical data.
- Optional cloud based server to aggregate data from multiple devices provides quick and seamless dashboard view.
- Optional built-in UPS with rechargeable battery keeps the unit running for over 24hrs on the loss of external power.
- Optional MPPT solar charger for optimal winter and cloudy day charging.
- Optional internal 96Whr LiFePO4 battery for temporary or solar installations.
- Optional penta band 3G GSM cellular modem for remote access.
- Optional PoE (Power over Ethernet).
|Type||True dual beam side-fire FMCW traffic measurement radar|
|VCC||Standard: Supply Voltage 9VDC to 28VDC
6.2V Undervoltage and 28.5V overvoltage protection shutdown
Base System: 0.98 Watts fully operational (82mA @ 12V)
With Ethernet: 1.2 Watts with Ethernet cable connected (98mA @ 12V)
With Camera Enabled: 2.2 Watts streaming video over Ethernet (185mA @ 12V)
|Icc@12VDC||Ethernet Off: 71mA (0.85 W)
Ethernet On: 97mA (1.2W)
With GSM Modem Option:
On Line: 97 mA (1.2W)
Upload New Data: 108mA (1.3W)
|Reverse Power||Protected w/ resettable fuse|
|RF Power||5 mW maximum each radar|
|Occupied Band||24.020 GHz to 24.230 GHz|
|Modulation Type||Frequency with linear ramp|
|Speed Accuracy||Average per lane: +/- 1%
Average per direction: +/- 1%
Per Vehicle: +/- 6% for 90% of vehicles
|Volume Accuracy||Per Direction Typical: 98 to 99%
Per Direction Minimum: 95%
Per Lane Typical: 98 to 99%
Per Lane Minimum: 90%
|Length Class Accuracy||+/-5.7ft (1.7m) or 15% whichever larger for 90% vehicles|
|User Defined Lanes||16 max|
|Trigger outputs||Optional 8 Isolated electronic switch|
|Range||160 feet (49m) max
145 feet (44m) recommended
|Minimum Setback||7 feet (2m)|
|Sample rate||500 Hz x 2 Radars|
|Ethernet||Optional: 10 BaseT Half/Full Duplex auto polarity detect|
|Power Over Ethernet||Yes, optional
802.3af. Mode A/ Type 1 (power over data pairs)
|Rechargeable Battery||Optional built-in 96WHr LiFePO4|
|Solar Kit||MPPT charger, 30W solar panel|
|Storage Capacity||Speed, lane and class for 1,000,000 vehicles. Per lane average speed, 85th percentile speed, occupancy, gap, headway for 3+ months|
|Sighting Camera||1.3MP HD video (Ethernet only) or HD snapshots. 60° field of view 1280×960, 800×600, 640×480, 320×240 (800×600 10fps video)|
|Bluetooth||Ultra low power 800+ feet Class I 2.1+ EDR 460KB baud rate|
|Remote Access||Optional built-in ultra-low power penta band 3G GSM modem|
|Operating °F (°C)||Without battery:
-40F (-40C) to +185F (+85C)
With LiFePO4 battery:
-4F (-20C) to +140F (+60C)
|Dimensions without mounting bracket||26”length x 3”diameter (670mm x 76mm Diameter)|
|Weight||Without battery: 4.6lb (2.1 Kg)
With battery: 6.4lb (2.9 Kg)
|900-0027||SpeedLane Pro Cable – Cable, M12 right-angle female to Y-cable RJ45, female DB9, and female barrel plug, 12-pole, PUR jacket|
|FIB12-485||SpeedLane Pro Field Interface Box – Cable, M12 right-angle female to pigtail, 12-pole, PUR jacket, black, 32.8ft/10m cable length, IP67.|
|900-0034||SpeedLane Power & Serial Cable – SpeedLane 5 meter serial + power cable (M12 to DB9 female)|
|110-0072||SpeedLane Power & Serial Cable – SpeedLane 10 m serial + power cable (M12 to DB9 female)|
|900-0033||SpeedLane Ethernet Cable – SpeedLane 10 m serial + power cable (M12 to DB9 female)|
|900-0032||SpeedLane Ethernet Cable – SpeedLane 12m Ethernet cable (right angle M12 to RJ45)|
|110-0036||Class 1 Windows (XP, Win7, Win8) Bluetooth Dongle|